Southfield MI's Leading Renovation Contractor
Picking A Professional: Tips for Choosing Your Remodeling Contractor
When finding a renovation contractor, restoration contractor, or other remodeling professional for your home or office, don't cut corners on quality. The more qualified and careful the company you hire, the better they'll be at preserving and enhancing your building, creating value for you and all others who live or work in it. Based on our more than ten years of experience in Livonia, Michigan, Kapi Restoration Company has created this guide for choosing the best contractor.
Selecting The Right Company
Through these steps, you can be sure to select someone who will do a good job. When looking for a remodeling contractor, remember to:
- Get the Quotes - Ask for quotes from every contractor you consider. Even if they cost money, it's a good investment to find out what the going rates are for different restoration and remodeling services. Otherwise, you won't be able to tell if someone is overcharging you.
- Request References - The more of a contractor's past customers have been satisfied with their work, the more likely you are to be happy with it as well. Ask each company for as many references as they can provide then contact those references to find out what experience they had.
- Figure Out Payments - Ask each contractor for details on how they schedule payments and what payment methods they accept. This lets you find the contractor who matches your payment preferences. It also helps you weed-out fraudulent contractors, who tend to demand all the money up front.
Through these tips, you can quickly narrow down your contractors to a handful of strong contenders. You'll then be well on the way to finding the one who suits your situation.
Don't Make these Selection Mistakes
Finding the best remodeling or restoration contractor is as much about knowing what not to do as knowing what to do. When choosing one for your home or business, avoid mistakes like:
- Working with Friends & Relatives - Steer clear of hiring friends and loved ones. Even if they are qualified restoration contractors, complications while working together can cause uneasy feelings. Say something goes wrong with their work, or you have a dispute over payments; what will that do to your relationship?
- Starting Without a Contract - A contract protects your rights and financial well-being in the event of construction mistakes and payment disputes. If a contractor offers to start working before you've signed a contract, they are not trustworthy and you shouldn't work with them.
- Ignoring Relevant Experience - When considering experience, don't just ask how long a company has been in business. You should also figure out how much experience its team members have and what type of projects that've completed. Even if a company is new, it may have a team with more than enough experience to get the job done right.
Our Commercial Services Can Also Include:
- Fire damage
- Water damage
- Ice damage
- Storm damage
Our Residential Services Can Also Include:
- Fire damage
- Ice damage
- Sewage Backup
- Water Damage
- Storm Damage
- Custom Building
You Can Count On Our Experts To Complete The Following:
- Thermal Fogging
- Decontamination of HVAC Systems
- Indoor Air Quality Control
- Ozone Treatment
- Treatment & Removal of Smoke, Soot, & Odor
Why Should You Choose Our Renovation Contractor Specialists?
Our technicians have extensive training and the proper equipment to get your property back to it's perfect condition. On staff, we have skilled:
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians
- Odor Control Specialists
- Fabric Cleaning Technicians
For more information on quality restoration and renovation for your building, contact Kapi Restoration Company today.!