Westland MI's Leading Disaster Restoration Services
Damage Detection: Spotting the Signs of Water, Fire, Smoke, & Storm Issues
Protecting your home or office is all about vigilance. As a restoration and reconstruction expert with extensive experience in the Detroit area, Kapi Restoration Company encourages all current and potential clients to keep their eyes peeled for issues with their buildings.
The Most Common Signs of Home Damage
Smoke, storms, fire, and water each affect your building in distinct ways, many of which are hard to detect until the problem has gotten out of hand. For this reason, you need to be on the lookout for each of these issues:
- Water Damage - If you notice brown or yellow stains or a texture change on your floorboards or walls, water has likely infiltrated them. Water damage can also lead to mold, which often produces a foul smell. The Kapi team has extensive experience with water damage restoration.
- Fire Damage - The most obvious sign of fire damage is soot and stains, which will show up virtually everywhere that the fire spreads. But there are also subtler signs of this issue. Fire can weaken floorboards and other key parts of your building; only by checking each board can you make sure it's solid enough for safety. Also, the water used to put out the fire may get lodged in the insulation, making it less effective and increasing the risk of mold growth.
- Smoke Damage - Shortly after the fire has been put out, you're likely to notice discolored areas of walls that were heavily exposed to smoke. You may also find that pipes, grates, and other metal products in your building have become rusty.
- Storm Damage - After every major storm, look at your roof for missing shingles, as well as shingles where the granules have become worn. You should also take a look at the gutter, which may have become clogged with debris or separated from the side of the building. Finally, areas around the chimney should be inspected, as this is one of the most common areas where roof leaks originate. It's essential that you call Kapi's professional restoration team as soon as you notice these problems. Don't leave your house or workplace vulnerable to moisture, wind, and debris.
Our Commercial Services Include:
- Fire damage
- Water damage
- Ice damage
- Storm damage
Our Residential Services Include:
- Fire damage
- Ice damage
- Sewage Backup
- Water Damage
- Storm Damage
- Custom Building
You Can Count On Our Experts To Complete The Following:
- Thermal Fogging
- Decontamination of HVAC Systems
- Indoor Air Quality Control
- Ozone Treatment
- Treatment & Removal of Smoke, Soot, & Odor
Why Should You Choose Our Disaster Restoration Specialists?
Our technicians have extensive training and the proper equipment to get your property back to it's perfect condition. On staff, we have skilled:
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians
- Odor Control Technicians
- Fabric Cleaning Specialists
The Disaster Restoration Process
- Assessment of damage
- Board-up and roof tarp service (if applicable)
- Water removal and drying (if damage is present)
- Removal of smoke, smog, and soot from all surfaces
- Cleaning & repairs
- Restoration services
Our emergency response team is ready to assist with for your Disaster Restoration needs, so do not hesitate to contact us!